Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Papeete, 3 May

After all the headwinds and bad weather on this passage, we finished by motoring 100 miles on flat water. Of course, we had to hand steer those miles because both of our autopilots failed. One of them was brand new, right out of the box. We entered the port here after dark on the 3rd, tying up to the quai downtown. After clearing in the next morning, we moved over to Marina Taina, where we will remain until departure in a couple of weeks. I guess it was a rough passage, but really, it was just a long slog into the wind. There was never anything scarey or dangerous, just annoying. The weather never gave us a break. I'll be spending the next week or two getting the boat ready for sea again. My friend Bronson will be arriving on the 16th to crew as far as Hawaii, and I am looking for one more crew (Ron not being able to continue). Stay tuned for developments.

1 comment:

  1. A long long long beating, I'd say. Glad you are getting a break from the weather if not the work. My thoughts have been with you. Best, Tracy from Hannah now Eclipse (yes they did the ceremony).

    ReplyDelete