Friday, June 11, 2010

Hard Start

We got off from Kona Wednesday morning, and had one of the roughest nights sailing in my experience crossing the Alenuihaha channel to Oahu. Got pretty beat up, actually, so we pulled in to the Alawai boat harbor in Honolulu for a little R&R before continuing. We'll head off again tomorrow (Saturday) morning, going around the west side of Oahu, then heading north. The forecast for the next week looks excellent. I'm hoping to show my crew some more pleasant sailing. I'm actually surprised they didn't jump ship here in Honolulu. They're made of good stuff.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark --
    I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough start (especially right after your birthday -- what a way to celebrate). I hope you'll have smooth sailing and enjoy the rest of the journey.

    Charlene (I wondered if 'C' was sufficient!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra, sounds like this adventure is meeting your high expectations! Maybe you can get a book deal/TV show if you survive it!

    ReplyDelete