Monday, July 14, 2014

Grilled Chicken in Wallis

We had the most remarkable grilled chicken this evening.  We bought a "Grade A" frozen chicken at the supermarket here in Wallis a couple of days ago.  Don't know the provenance.  After defrosting, it seemed a bit scrawny, but Robyn cut it up and I grilled it.  The pieces were a bit small, so I didn't leave them on the grill very long, much less than ordinarily.  Well, I have on occasion bit into a tough cut of beef, but I have never eaten a chicken that exercised my jaw muscles anything like this one.  We laughed our way through dinner, making jokes at the poor bird's expense, wondering how anyone could have caught a bird fit to compete in the Olympics.  If we buy another such chicken here, I think it'll go in the stew pot, instead of on the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment