Monday, June 15, 2009

On the hard briefly in Hawaii

We ended this leg in Honokohau Harbor (Kona, Hawaii) on June 8th, hauling out to the storage lot on the 9th. This was a near-perfect passage: good wind, few squalls, no mishaps. We repeatedly set new personal records for speed and distance. It was a pleasure overall. No matter how many passages I might make in the future, I doubt I will ever have a better one. My crew and I each went home to our families, in my case only for a couple of weeks. Although I don't yet have crew arranged for the final leg to Washington, I expect to be sailing off again towards the end of the first week of July. This last leg should take about four weeks. I expect it to be more difficult than the previous one, but much less so than the first one. Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment